Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Programs

Another Christmas tradition in our family is that our kids participate in at least one, usually two, church Christmas programs. This year was no exception.

Sunday, December 21 was the program at our church, Chrisman Christian Church. The youth sang carols and recited poems, accompanied by our own Katie.





Elijah as a shepherd and Eleanor as a puppy.
I didn't know there were puppies at the nativity, either.

Mackenzie as Mary




Then, on Christmas Eve, we went to Wesley Chapel, my home church, for their annual service. Eleanor said her poem again and the other kids played piano solos.


Katie played "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

Mackenzie played "What Child is This?"

Elijah played "We Three Kings"

And, Katie, Mom and I played a flute trio, "Carol of the Bells."

I have been participating in the Wesley Chapel Christmas Eve program for as long as I can remember. All those years my parents "encouraged" me to perform, I never dreamed that I would voluntarily be up on that stage as an adult. You just never know.

No comments: