Friday, June 27, 2008

one of those days

This has been one of those days when visions of yellow school buses were dancing through my head by noon. There were no major things, just a multitude of attitudes, discipline issues, and school problems that kept me frustrated all day and unable to get any housework or laundry done or even get supper started at a decent hour. So aggravating!!! This has been me all day:

But, before they were all shooed them off to their rooms for the night, my oldest daughter left me a sweet note telling me she was sorry for her part in how rotten the day went. Then my eight year old brought me one, too. That was nice. My husband let me take a shower and got them all to bed for me, which was also very nice. Then he put the leftovers away and started the dishwasher for me. Very nice indeed.

I think I will just head to bed early so this day will be over and I can start new tomorrow.

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:21-23

I am so thankful that God gives us a clean slate, even after our worst days. This verse gives me the encouragement I need to leave the frustrations of today at the foot of the cross and accept grace to start fresh tomorrow.

No comments: