Monday, October 18, 2010

Genesis 50:20

I finished both the books of Genesis and Mark. In the last chapter of Genesis is a verse that has been very significant to me. After Jacob dies, Joseph's brothers were afraid he would seek revenge against them for the way they had treated him in the past, although he had already expressed his forgiveness. When the issue came up again, he answered them, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 50:20
A few years ago, we were very hurt by some family members whose actions cost our immediate family dearly. I grieved our loss terribly, and my heart broke as I saw the pain that Dan and the kids were going through. It was so very hard to forgive, but as I look back now I can see that where we are now could not have been without going through that trial. It has been a huge lesson in forgiveness, in trusting God in all circumstances, and remembering that He is in control of all things. Even when it appears that the wicked are winning, nothing is accomplished outside of his perfect plan.
On to Exodus and Luke...

No comments: