Friday, May 28, 2010

2 Corinthians 3:5

My devotion this morning was from 2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.

I know I can tell when I am trying to run on my own strength. It isn't long before I crash and burn.
There was another suggestion that I think I am going to try. We obviously need to ask for God's help in areas that we struggle in, but also we need to remember to give give God praise for enabling us to do the things that come easily to us. The book suggested making a list of things we do well, whether throwing great birthday parties for our kids or cooking meals for our family or whatever-and then next to each one write "thank you God, for enabling me to do this." We can't allow ourselves to take credit for anything good we do. It's all Him.

No comments: