Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rend Lake

Earlier this month, we went to Rend Lake in southern Illinois. Dan had a continuing education conference he needed to attend, so the kids and I tagged along to play in the hotel swimming pool while he was in class.






After his class one evening, we visited our friends who live nearby and the kids enjoyed swimming in their pond, until a thunderstorm chased us all indoors.





Mackenzie really liked the zip line.




Look! A giant golfball on a giant tee! You don't see one of those everyday, do you?


(This is a family joke from our trip here two years ago)





The last day, we drove several miles across the lake to visit this custard stand we'd been told about. Rend Lake is so big compared to anything near here. It was a beautiful drive, which is a good thing, since the custard stand was closed when we got there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Erin!
I just got your message on my forsaken blog!! (Shame on me!) It is so good to see your family...they have grown so much. I posted a few current pics on my blog if you'd like to see.
I am so glad to hear from you. I would hate to lose touch.
Have you thought about joining MOMYS? I am on there a good bit. I love the Christan fellowship.
Your trip looked like tons of fun! And that Zip-line was cool!
Take care, and let me hear from ya!
Rebecca
P.S. Thank you so very much for the prayers for my family.