Wednesday, July 28, 2010

2 Corinthians 9:6-7

What a week this has turned out to be. Three funerals last week, and now three this week, spread out between the two funeral homes.

Still reading in 2 Corinthians-from chapter 9: 6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

I recently finished a book called "Radical: Recaiming Your Faith From the American Dream." It really challenges believers to escape our materialistic America-centered mindset and take seriously Christ's command to go and make disciples of all nations-with our material weath and with our lives. These verses help me to remember that God has not allowed any prosperity in my life because I've earned it or deserve it, or because he wants me to have the latest and greatest of everything Walmart sells. It's all his, and he may just want me to use it for someone else.

One final note, my friend Jennie died yesterday morning. Praising God that she is in Heaven, but missing her here already.

No comments: