Monday, May 15, 2006

How my family spoiled me on Mother's Day

I had such a nice Mother's day. I hope you all did, too. On Friday, my husband surprised me with my present, a new bike. I was thrilled! My old bike was really old, a yard sale find from several years ago. One of the tires has been flat for more than a year and we haven't been able to find a new one the right size. This one is so nice. Unfortunately, it hasn't stopped raining here since Thursday, so I haven't been able to ride it yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

We had brunch late Saturday morning with Dan's mom, and enjoyed visiting with everyone on his side of the family. She was so happy to have us all over. I know that is something that she and her husband really missed for the year they lived away from here. Saturday evening, Dan took us out to supper, which was very nice. I sincerely enjoy cooking for my family, but going out to eat is such a special treat. The kids behaved well and we had a great time.

Sunday morning, I was treated to a breakfast of scrambled eggs, fruit salad and cinnamon chip scones. The fruit salad and scones were leftover from brunch on Saturday, but I didn't care. It was a thoughtful gesture. The kids gave me cards and pictures they'd made. So sweet! Then we spent the day with my grandma, mom and dad and extended family.

Here are some pictures:

This is the card Elijah made for me and the flower he brought me from his Sunday School class.

A front and back view of my card from Mackenzie. The back side says "I will give you a very good back rub." What more could I ask for?

And finally, my card from Katie, which brought tears to my eyes.

I am so glad God made me a mom!!!

No comments: